1. OVERVIEW OF INDUSTRY TRENDS IN THE DOCUMENTARY AND THE TRANSMEDIA STORYTELLING. Narration styles, genres and formats. Fields of conventional narrative and independent contents; other agents related to multimedia expression in countries with ongoing social and armed conflicts. Initiatives and companies that push the creation of contents and the management of talent, narrative arts and communication skills. State of the technologies of interactive contents applied to the documentary narrative: production, postproduction, distribution, networks and visual arts.
2. THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION (I): The idea and the method of the Executive Production. The audiovisual production as Executive Production; the values of the complete management of the content factory; state of the Executive Production competence in the audiovisual industry.
3. EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION (II): Key competences and skills of the Executive Production; human resources management; work organisation, planning, schedules, priorities and completing assigned tasks; technologies of audiovisual production; management of budget and outcome.
4. EXECUTIVE PRODUCTION (III): MODALITIES OF THE EXPLOITATION AND WORK PROCESS. Independent production, own production, outside production, co-production and others; work process: The Idea, the project summary, the story or stories synopsis, the Business Plan; the Project team; Pre-production, Production and Post-production. Marketing plan.
5. THE AUDIOVISUAL PROJECT DESIGN: General knowledge contents, markets, quality and value. Designing an own production: The TV Format and the audiovisual Bible concept. Exploitation rights, rights acquisition, adaptation rights. Financing Budget. Transmedia perspectives and multiple ways of expression within a main story; Visual Brand Identity; the management of the purchase and exploitation of third-party contents.
6.PRE-PRODUCTION. Creating the core team. Screenplay; budget breakdown per Project and per transmedia versions. Scripts breakdown, storyboards, scenes, locations, casting and visual effects. Work plan. Technical human group and technical resources.
7. PRODUCTION. The creative act par excellence of the Executive Production. Production control, budget control, quality control.
8. POST-PRODUCTION. Editing the content: a strategic phase in the multiplatform era and the visual arts culture. An overview of a highly specialized sector. Planning for Post-production. Breaking out and listing footage, visual effects and graphic arts. Colour, sound design, sound effects, dubbing, subtitling programmes.
9. KEY TRENDS FOR THE BEST REVENUES: sales, distribution and separate exploitation windows. The importance of the creative communication of multimedia contents.