After the course, the students will be able to:
- Analyze mobile systems and communications from a security point of view.
- Apply appropriate security services, mechanisms and protocols according to a concrete case.
- Apply acquired knowledge to solve problems under novel situations or within broader (multidisciplinar) contexts related with mobile systems and terminals, and wireless communications.
- Analyze risks and threats of introducing personal mobile devices (BYOD) in an enterprise environment. Know and apply measures to control such risks.
- Discuss in a public audience about their acquired knowledge, and the conclusions from the work. Students will be able to give their foundational and most convincing reasons to a specialized and non specialized audience in a clear way, without ambiguities.
- Elaborate reports in a clear, concrete and reasoned way. Such reports include threats and risks modeling in a specific scenario, where mobile systems, terminals and communications take part.
- Continue studying in a autonomous or self-directed way
This course contributes to the following learning outcomes:
Design strategies to distribute sensors in a network and analyze observed events to determine which are relevant in a particular case.
Given a system with security requirements established to propose mechanisms and protocols required to provide some basic security services: authentication, authorization, privacy and access control. Give a measure of their effectiveness and limitations.
Explain the security issues related to personal mobile devices in a given professional environment and apply the studied techniques to the secure systems engineering
Evaluate the security architecture of a given vulnerable system and propose improvements.
Understand the principles of development of secure systems, including the development and acquisition of software components during all the lifecycle