This course covers the various aspects of data protection, especially focusing on the services of confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of information exchanged or stored. The course addresses these issues from a very practical standpoint, by conducting a case study over the development of consistent application of current data protection.
The course syllabus is divided into four parts:
* Part I: introduction.
- Presentation of the course: agenda, legislation, practical description of the case study.
- Introduction to the data protection: definitions, dimensions of information security.
- Types of encryption systems (symmetric / asymmetric)
* Part II: symmetric encryption
- Block and stream ciphers.
- Encryption algorithms: DES, modes of operation, 2DES, 3DES, AES.
- Management of cryptographic keys.
* Part III: asymmetric encryption
- RSA, Diffie-Hellman ECC.
* Part IV: authentication and digital signature
- Authentication and one-way functions: cryptographic hash functions, Message Authentication Code (MAC).
- Digital Signature. Standards.
- Digital certificates and public key infrastructure (PKI) (digital certificates ITU-T X.509v3, trust Authorities (CA) and public key infrastructure (PKI), electronic signature legislation..