- Generalities and classification of power plants (vapor cycle, gas cycle, reciprocating engines: Diesel, Otto and dual cycles). Fuel types (solids, liquids and gases). Review of heat transfer modes.
- Simple Brayton and Rankine power cycles and improved cycles.
-Simple Brayton, inter-cooling, reheating, regenerative, complex cycles, closed cycles. Efficiency and optimization.
-Simple Rankine, reheating, regeneration (vapor extraction and drenage). Complete cycles. Efficiency and optimization.. Examples: Organic Rankine Cycles, Geothermal power plants.
- Operative fundamentals and turbomachinery architecture.
- Kinematics and pressure variation in turbomachinery. Velocities composition.
- Operation curves in incompressible and compressible flow.
-Fundamentals of boilers, combustion chambers
- Water-tube boiler.
- Burners and combustion chambers.
- Operation and architecture of other devices.
-Dearetors and feedheaters.
- Combined cycle
-Operation and design parameters.
- HRSG, state of the art: reheating and pressure levels. Design parameters and operation performances.
- Exergy and thermoeconomy