This course should make the student familiar with the basics concepts of electromagnetism. Since this is a first year course one of the main goals is to develop the student abilities in understanding abstract physical concepts through the combination of lectures, experiments and problem solving with the aid of mathematical tools.
In order to achieve this goal, the following competences and skills have to be acquired:
- Disposition to learn and comprehend new abstract concepts.
- Ability to understand and use the mathematics involved in the physical models.
- Ability to understand and use the scientific method.
- Ability to understand and use the scientific language.
- Develop abilities in problem solving.
- Ability to use scientific instruments and analyze experimental data.
- Ability to retrieve and analyze information from different sources.
- Ability to work in a team.