By the end of this course, students will be able to have:
1. knowledge and understanding of the statistic principles underlying their branch of engineering;
2. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve statistic problems using established methods;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to analyse engineering products, processes and methods;
4. an understanding of statistics methodologies, and an ability to use them.
5. the ability to select and use appropriate statistic tools and methods;
6. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve engineering problems;
7. an understanding of applicable statistic techniques and methods, and of their limitations;