The student should acquire the following competences:
- Capacity to design and analyze complex communication systems that combine different types of algorithms (resource allocation, signal processing).
- Capacity to design optimization problems, define their complexity, and obtain a solution using computing tools and signal processing algorithms.
- Learn simulation methods to evaluate the performance of communication systems and their optimization.
At the end of the course the student will be able:
- To handle with ease the mathematical and numerical tools necessary to design, analyze and optimize the elements of a communications system ((physical layer and resource allocation).
- To understand, design, analyze and evaluate complex communication systems that combine several kinds of algorithms.
- To be able to solve practical problems in the design of communication systems using analytical methods and simulation.