Study: Master in Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing (267)
Coordinating teacher: CERVIÑO FERNANDEZ, JULIO
Department assigned to the subject: Department of Business Administration
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Students are expected to have completed
Bachellor, enginering or archtectural degree
Competences and skills that will be acquired and learning results.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Be aware and understand the complexities of consumer buying behavior and decision-making as well as knowledge of theories concerning these issues
-Understand the main themes in marketing strategy, connecting the companies resources with the market. The importance of company competencies in relation to the external situation is extensively explored.
- Apply strategy theories on situations facing industries and companies in the changing environment.
- Be knowledgeable about environmental and competitive analysis, and the instruments for marketing research
- Understand the relationships between strategic and operational decisions in the area of marketing
- Develop the necessary skills to design a market research study
- Develop a marketing plan for a product or service business
- Understand the differences between domestic and international markeeting and analyze the challenges of the new emerging markets and the internationalization of marketing plans.
Description of contents: programme
1 INSIGHT INTO MARKETING AND THE NEW 4PS. STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING PLANNING
2. THE MARKETING ENVIRONMENT: MAJOR VARIABLES OF ANALYSIS
3. COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS: INDUSTRY TRENDS AND CHALLENGES
4. CONSUMER AND BUYING BEHAVIOR AND CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
5. MARKETING RESEARCH AND MARKETING INFORMATION. MARKETING INTELLIGENCE
6. MARKETING SEGMENTATION FOR CONSUMER AND INDUSTRIAL
7. POSITIONING: CONCEPTS AND STRATEGIES
8. PRODUCT AND SERVICE MANAGEMENT DECISION AND DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES.
9. BRANDING MANAGEMENT: CONCEPTS, STRATEGIES AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF A BRAND IDENTITY
10. RETAIL AND CHANNEL DECISIONS AND THE NEW CHANNGEL: THE ECOMMERCE
11. PRICING: CONCEPTS, DECISIONS AND PRICING IN THE INTERNET
12. DESIGNING AND MANAGING INTEGRATING MARKETING COMUNICATIONS. COMUNICATION IN THE ERA OF SOCIAL MEDIA
13. PLAN DE MARKETING
Learning activities and methodology
During the course, different cases and practical exercises on marketing management and market research will be analyzed. In the last weeks, and as a group project, students will implement a business marketing and communication plan.
% end-of-term-examination 60
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 40
The course syllabus and the academic weekly planning may change due academic events or other reasons.