Students, after completing this course:
- They will know the operating principles of the following electricity generation technologies: Thermoelectric solar, minihydraulic, biomass, cogeneration, geothermal and wave power.
- They will know the current state of technical and economic development of these technologies, as well as the social needs, advantages and disadvantages.
- They will understand the function of the main elements of each technology, their relative importance and the limits of each one of them.
- Know the existing alternatives for each technology, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
- They will be able to evaluate the potential of the resource and carry out a basic sizing for thermoelectric, minihydraulic and biomass solar power plants