Students, after completing this course, will be able to:
- Acquire adequate knowledge of Renewable Energies: resources and technology. They must know in more detail those energies more frequent in our environment: wind energy, solar thermal energy and solar photovoltaic.
- Design, calculate and design products, processes, facilities and renewable energy plants.
- Conduct research, development and innovation in products, processes and methods related to renewable energies.
- Follow the technological evolution of renewable energies and have a prospective knowledge of this evolution.
- They will know the operating principles of the following electricity generation technologies: Thermoelectric solar, minihydraulic, biomass, cogeneration, geothermal and wave power.
- They will know the current state of technical and economic development of these technologies.
- They will understand the function of the main elements of each technology, their relative importance and the limits of each one of them.
- Know the existing alternatives for each technology, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
- They will be able to evaluate the potential of the resource and carry out a basic sizing for thermoelectric, minihydraulic and biomass solar power plants.