- Acquire adequate knowledge of Renewable Energies: resources and technology. They must know in more detail those energies more frequent in our environment: wind energy, solar thermal energy and solar photovoltaic.
- Design, calculate and design products, processes, facilities and renewable energy plants.
- Conduct research, development and innovation in products, processes and methods related to renewable energies.
- Follow the technological evolution of renewable energies and have a prospective knowledge of this evolution.
-To be aware of the social and energy needs of renewable energies, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of photovoltaic solar energy in relation to these needs.
-To have knowledge of the basic technology associated to the use of the solar radiation for electricity generation (constituent parts) and its evolution.
- To know how to design, calculate and dimension photovoltaic solar energy installations: students who pass this subject will be able to carry out a selection, analysis, and dimensioning of photovoltaic systems, both those connected to the grid and autonomous photovoltaic systems. They will use or design software specific to each case. They will also know to select the most appropriate components for each application within the commercially available
-To have knowledge of the regulations that directly affect the use of solar photovoltaic energy.
-They will acquire the ability to develop in practice a particular photovoltaic solar energy project: from the use of selection of devices, use of standards, catalogs and commercial technical documentation, until its implementation in the field.