The specific objectives are summarized in:
- Acquire adequate knowledge of wind energy technology and use the exact terminology of the components for the most common applications, including offshore wind and offshore, as well as small wind turbines.
- Follow the technological evolution of wind energy and have prospective knowledge of this evolution.
- Understand and use the fundamental physical equations that allow converting wind energy into mechanical and electrical energy.
- Understand and apply the main systems design criteria of modern wind turbines.
- Describe all types of wind turbines and understand the main mathematical models for the most relevant types, with special emphasis on different control strategies.
- Identify the main wind turbine manufacturers, and adequately analyze and compare the technical specifications of their products.
- Understand the results of software packages that use wind turbine models for economic evaluation or analysis of power systems.