Students who pass the course will be able to:
CB6 Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas, often in a research context
CB7 That students know how to apply the acquired knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of ¿¿study
CB8 That students are capable of integrating knowledge and facing the complexity of formulating judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments
CB9 That students know how to communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and ultimate reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way
CB10 That students possess the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
-Students who pass the subject will be able to:
- Acquire adequate knowledge of Electrical Engineering and areas that have application here.
- To know the technical requirements and the international regulation of connection of the plants of renewable generation in the electrical systems.
- Evaluate the impact of renewable generation on the technical operation of the electrical system and know its real contribution to voltage and frequency control.
- To assimilate the operating principle and the state-of-the-art technology of wind turbines, photovoltaic solar panels and thermoelectric solar plants in relation to their associated electrical systems.
- Know the electronic devices used in flexible AC systems (FACTS) used in the joint operation with renewable sources.
- Analyze the behavior of renewable generation plants in the electrical system in the event of severe disturbances (short circuits, voltage gaps) and their contribution to the stability of the system.
- Know the general criteria and the design of protection systems for renewable energy plants.
- Know the state of the art and modern control techniques to incorporate renewable generation into weak and isolated electrical systems.
- Know how the operation of electrical networks with renewable energies is carried out.
- To know the peculiarities of the electrical systems associated to the marine wind farms.
- Knowledge of the requirements for the integration of renewable energies in the electricity grid and in the electricity markets. (CE10)
- Ability to design the integration of renewable energies in electricity networks and markets. (CE11)
- Supervision of the network integration of renewable energy plants.