The detailed program of the course is the following:
- Introduction to architectures for content distribution: client-server, P2P, CDN
- Overlay networks for file distribution: DHT, swarming
- Overlay networks for multimedia content distribution: Live streaming, Video on Demand
- CDN architectures: Design, Study cases (Akamai, Limelight), CDN for Social Networks (Twitter, Facebook)
- Information Centric Networking: Content-Centric Networking (CCN) y Publish/Subscribe Internetworking (PSI).
- Content distribution in Next Generation Networks (NGN), IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), Value-added services in the IMS (MBMS, IPTV, VoD).