This course presents an overview of the problem of transmitting information without wires. The student will acquire an overview about the problem, based on a review of the fundamental concepts common to all technologies, and being able to develop a critical view of all of them in their application in different areas raised. Schematically, the skills acquired are:
- Overview of the diversity of wireless communications scenarios, being able to grasp the main differences between them
- Key figures of merit of wireless communications.
- Adequacy of existing technologies to each of the above scenarios, with a critical view of cost and benefit of each.
- Fundamentals of each of the proposed schemes and inherent limitations.
- Ability to delve into particular technologies and understand the limitations and advantages intended to address entered.
This course strengthens the basic competence CB6 and the specific competences CE1, CE2, CE3 and CE5. In addition it provides the following specific competences:
- CS 2.3: Competence to go deeper in the knowledge about wireless technologies.