This course strengthens the acquisition of the basic competence CB6 and the specific competences CE1, CE2, CE3 and CE5. The course enables the acquisition of the following speciality competences:
- CS 2.1 The ability to analyse telematic networks, specifically robustness and reliability of networks based on the degree of connectivity
- CS 2.3 The ability to understand advanced topics in wireless communications, in particular those related with performance, connectivity, and location
- CS 2.9: Understand the impact of the user's mobility, the attachment point discovery and selection, and the strategies of terminal handoff, with a particular emphasis on its performance and optimization.
Students are expected to learn about the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of the users¿ and devices¿ mobility in a packet switched communications network.
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art of the main approaches proposed to tackle the mobility problem, as well as of the basic tools required to face the design of a new solution (i.e., mobility models, performance assessment).