This subject contributes to the acquisition of the following skills:
- Know how to understand and offer solutions to problems concerning the competitive environment of the company.
- Know how to communicate knowledge, conclusions and final reasons that support them concerning the competitive environment of the company.
- Ability to solve complex problems concerning the competitive environment of the company.
- Ability for critical reasoning on issues concerning the competitive environment of the company
- Ability to offer creative solutions to complex problems concerning the competitive environment of the company
- Ability to analyze and understand the effects on a specific company of government macroeconomic policies
- Ability to understand and apply the main concepts of industrial economics: How imperfect competition works and what strategies companies adopt in imperfect competition environments.
Specifically, these are the expected results of the learning process:
- Understand the structure and sector dynamics in which a company operates.
- Identify the optimal pricing strategies, given the characteristics of the sector.
- Understand the frequently used statistical measures as indexes for the study of the characteristics of the sector, and apply them for the generation of value in the company.
- Master the tools of economic analysis for the application to strategic decision making.
- Master the techniques needed to perform a sector analysis.
- Be able to establish a diagnosis aimed at improving the competitiveness of the company based on the analysis of the environment and the resources needed.
- Be able to anticipate and prevent some of the usual problems that lead to failure of new businesses.