1. Choose a type of thesis, a topic, your expected call and a professor as your supervisor (see the MASTER'S THESIS GUIDELINES for knowing the deadlines). IMPORTANT: Ask professors with enough time in advance whether they would like to be your supervisor.
2. Submit the Master's Thesis
- 1st Call: Around June 15th
- 2nd Call: Around August 31st
- There is only one opportunity to pass it
- 1st Call: Last week of June / First week of July
- 2nd Call: Around third week of September
Along the academic year, we will organize several tutorial sessions. At the beginning of the year, there will be a presentation by the Direction of the Master in which the emphasis will be put on the general aspects of the Thesis: types of thesis, the role of the supervisor, deadlines, forms to be filled in, templates, etc.
At the beginning of the second term, we will organize more specific sessions for each type of thesis concening:
- Content of each type of thesis
- Analysis of examples
- Revision of main points to take into account
You will be supervised by an academic supervisor, who will maintain regular meetings with you to define the content of your work. The supervisor is a member of the academic staff of the program or a member of the departments involved in the Master in Management (Business Administation or Statistics). You can suggest to any professor of the mentioned departments to be your supervisor. However, please do it with enough time in advance so that professors can evaluate and discuss with you your initial proposals.
You can also ask any other professor of the Universidad Carlos III to act as your supervisor, with the approval of the Director of the program. The topic and the working plan are jointly defined by the student and the supervisor. Progress is regularly monitored according to a timetable jointly agreed.