SPECIFIC LEARNING GOALS (PO a):
- To understand the basic theorems of existence and uniqueness in differential equations, paying special attention to the concept of well-posed model.
- To understand the importance of differential equations in the field of biomedical engineering.
- To understand the concept of linear operators and their relation with the superposition principle for solving differential equations.
- To solve elementary differential equations by standard methods.
- To understand the basic techniques to address nonlinear problems arising in differential equations.
- To know the basic differential equation of mathematical engineering and physics as well as the initial and contour problems they lead to.
- To solve partial differential equations by separation of variables and Fourier analysis.
GENERAL ABILITIES (PO a, g, k):
- To understand the necessity of abstract thinking and formal mathematical proofs.
- To acquire communicative skills in mathematics.
- To acquire the ability to model real-world situations mathematically, with the aim of solving practical problems.
- To improve problem-solving skills.