- LECTURES: Online 100 minutes (50 + 50) weekly sessions where the theoretical concepts are explained.
The lecturer will provide a file with the following information (few days in advance)
- Main topics to be discussed during the session.
- Chapters/sections in each of the text books provided in the bibliography were the student can read about these topics.
- Due to the exceptional health situation, during this course LECTURES will be taught in the synchronous and interactive online modality through BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE (or equivalent) tool.
- RECITATIONS: Face to face 100 minutes (50 + 50) weekly sessions in groups of 40 students where proposed problems and activities are discussed.
In the event that the health situation required it, the sessions will be taught in the synchronous and interactive online modality through BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE (or equivalent) tool.
The lecturer will provide a file with problems (few days in advance)
The main skills to be acquired in recitation sessions are:
- To understand the statement of a problem
- To identify the physical phenomenon involved in the statement and the physical laws involved
- To develop an strategy to reach the objective
- To be careful in the use of mathematics
- To be able to make a critical analysis of the results
- LABORATORY: Four 100 minutes sessions dedicated to perform and analyze experiments.
- Due to the exceptional health situation, during this course there will be two face-to-face and two remote laboratory sessions.
- In the event that the health situation requires it, the face-to-face sessions could become remote.
The main skills to be developed in this activity are:
- To understand that physics is an experimental science and they can reproduce the laws that have been theoretically explained in the lectures
- To use scientific instruments and to be careful in its operation
- To be careful in the acquisition of experimental data
- To learn the basis for the management of a scientific data set
- To be able to write a report with the main results of the experiment
- To be able to discuss in a critical way the experimental results.
Every week there will be one hour remote tutoring session available to students through online synchronous and interactive BLACKBOARD COLLABORATE (or equivalent) tool.