The main objective of this course, from the holistic point of view, the integration, the selection, calculation and design of the different energy systems up to the industry of power, air conditioning and the chemical industry. To achieve this goal, the student must acquire a series of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
With regard to knowledge, at the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Know and determine the operation conditions of boilers, cooling towers, evaporators, condensers and heat exchangers
- Achieve relevant concepts in phase changes, in non-reactive systems and in radiation processes in participating media
Knowledge about the design of heat exchangers with and without phase change to meet operating conditions.
In terms of capabilities, these can be classified into two groups, one more capabilities and other more generic skills or skills.
As for the specific abilities, at the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Estimation of the functioning of the different calorie exchange systems that make up a process
- Selection and design of equipment for different systems according to function
Regarding the general abilities or skills, during the course they will work:
- The ability to solve problems.
- The ability to search, communicate and discriminate which is the relevant information to characterize a calorie exchange team.
- The ability to apply knowledge of thermodynamics and transfer of calories to solve a problem of interchangers integrated into a system.
- The ability to work as a team and distribute the workload to deal with complex problems, mainly design.
Regarding attitudes, the student after completing the course should have:
- A critical attitude regarding the selection and design of the different teams that make up a process.
- An attitude of collaboration that allows you to obtain other agents.