Lectures, where the theoretical concepts are explained
The lecturer will provide with the following information (1 week in advance)
- Main topics to be discussed during the session (short description)
- Chapters/sections in each of the text books provided in the bibliography where the student can read about these topics
Activities in small groups to solve problems, in order:
- To understand the statement of the problem by means of, for instance, simple drawings and schemes
- To identify the physical laws involved.
- To develop a problems solving strategy to reach the objective (by simplification, studying similar problems already solved, using methods coming from other parts (magnetostatic problems using electrostatic methods,¿)
- Training in mathematical skills
- To analyze the reasonability of the result (order of magnitude, dimensional analysis,¿
- To search scientific information in internet.