By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. The knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of kinematic and dynamic of the rigid body and machines theory and mechanisms.
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve problems of kinematics and dynamics of the rigid solid and mechanisms and simple machines using established methods.
3. The ability to design and perform experiments on machine theory and mechanisms, analyse the data and draw conclusions.
4. The technical and laboratory skills in machine theory and mechanisms.
5. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods to solve problems of kinematics and dynamics of rhe rigid body, mechanisms and simple machines.
6. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of kinematics and dynamics of rigid body, mechanisms and simple machines
7. The understanding of methods and techniques applicable in machine theory and mechanisms and their limitations.