Study: Bachelor in Industrial Technologies Engineering (256)
Coordinating teacher: BURGOS DIAZ, JUAN CARLOS
Department assigned to the subject: Department of Electrical Engineering
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Requirements (Subjects that are assumed to be known)
Electrical Power Engineering Fundamentals
Transformers and Magnetic Circuits
Transmission Lines and Switchgear
This subject enables the student to acquire the following competences and skills.
- Designing a L.V. installations and select its components properly.
- Anlizing electromagnetic transients in electrical systems.
- Knowing the origin of the main overvoltages in an electrical system (clasifierd according their duration) and how to protect equipment against those overvoltages.
- Selecting properly the switchgear of a médium and high voltaje substations.
- Acquiring skills in the use of sftware for electrical system analysis.
- Modelling and simulatin a power plant to obtain both, the steady state and the transient.