The fundamental objective of this course is to use the fundamental concepts of thermodynamics and heat transfer, acquired in the previous courses, in the industrial applications of cold / heat and power generation. To achieve this goal, the student must acquire a series of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
With regard to knowledge, at the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Analyze and solve advanced thermal engineering applications of cold / heat and power generation from a global perspective.
- Analyze and solve the main elements that conform the thermodynamic cycles.
- Design optimal thermodynamic cycles and their elements.
In terms of capabilities, these can be classified into two groups: specific capacities and generic skills.
For the specific abilities, at the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Determine the relevant parameters of thermal engineering applications, such as power, efficiency, etc.
- Size equipment and facilities that conform the thermodynamic refrigeration and power generation cycles.
- Dimension and optimize thermal applications based on thermodynamic cycles.
Regarding the general skills, during the course they will work:
- The ability to solve thermal engineering problems.
- The ability to search, communicate and discriminate which is the relevant information to characterize an installation from the thermodynamic and thermotechnical point of view.
- The ability to apply knowledge of heat transfer and fundamental thermodynamics in the resolution of engineering problems.
- The ability to work in teams and distribute the workload to face complex problems.
Regarding attitudes, the student, after completing the course, should have:
- A critical attitude to identify and evaluate the activities and operation of industrial refrigeration and power generation facilities (power plants).
- Evaluate and design the activities and operation of the equipment that conform refrigeration and power generation facilities using a critical attitude.
- A collaboration attitude that allows the student to search for information and related topics necessary to perform complex tasks