By the end of this content area, students will be able to have:
1. Knowledge and understanding of the mathematical principles underlying their branch of engineering.
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to identify, formulate and solve mathematical problems using established methods.
3. The ability to select and use appropriate tools and methods to solve mathematical problems.
4. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve mathematical problems.
5. The ability to understanding of mathematical methods and procedures, their area of application and their limitations.