PART 1: HISTORICAL-CULTURAL HERITAGE AND TOURISM.
1. Historical and cultural heritage: basic concepts. Definition of historical heritage and cultural property. Historical evolution.
2. The legal framework. The protection of historical heritage. Historical evolution. Spanish legislation and European legislation.
3. The birth of cultural tourism. The trip to the great cultural centers of Antiquity. The training trip. The pilgrimage trip. Evolution of the journey in the Middle Ages and the Modern Age.
4. The Grand Tour. The "cultural tourist" in contemporary times. Cultural tourism in Spain and Latin America.
5. Tourism management of historical heritage. Cultural tourism today. Dissemination of heritage. Adequacy of heritage assets in tourism resources. The contribution of tourism to heritage management. Interpretation of the cultural heritage and approach of the same to the visiting public. The dissemination of tourism heritage through the internet. The Hispanic World
6. Archaeological tourism. The prestige of ancient cities. The specificity of the archaeological remains. Large deposits as centers of attraction. Comparison of two cases: Pompeii and Italica.
7. Historical cities and their agents in Spain and Latin America. Models of management of historical cities. Museums, exhibitions, interpretation centers, monumental collections. Education in cultural tourism. The attraction of visitors.
PART 2: TOURISM, TERRITORY AND HERITAGE
1. Introduction to tourism. Basic concepts and sources of study.
2. Historical evolution. Main magnitudes and trends of tourism worldwide.
3. Resources and tourist heritage.
4. Tourism in Spain and Latin America. Evolution and new perspectives.
5. Heritage and cultural tourism. Tourism and the city.
6. The nature heritage. Tourism and landscape.
7. The social construction of the tourist gaze.