Mobile communications are a motor of the economy and have experienced revolutionary changes. It is foreseen that this revolution will continue. The number of mobile services users has reached the population of our planet and the forecast is that in less than five years the mobile traffic will multiply by ten, This will be possible through a new generation of technologies and services, what constitutes a challenge and an opportunity.
The goal of this subject is to provide the students with the capabilities to work and foster the mobile communications sector un Spain and Europe. The students will aquire the following capabilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, technologies and architectures that configure the mobile communications systems able to provide:
o broadband communications
o machine-type communications and the internet of things (MTC, IoT)
o high reliability and low latency communications
- Knowledge of the main mobile communication systems.
- Capability to analyze, design and plan complete mobile systems according to some fundamental quality parameters.
- Knowledge of the design and planning of these systems by solving real cases proposed by an operator.
- Familiarity with the simulation software and hardware instrumentation used in these systems through real measurements and problems.