The general goal of this course is that the students will know and manage the core technologies for mobile and multimedia applications. For achieving this purpose, students must acquire a series of knowledge and skills.
Regarding the knowledge that student acquires in this course, it is the following:
- To know the characteristics related with hardware and software capabilities of mobile devices and their main differences with personal computers.
- To know what are the main operating systems for mobile devices and the main differences between them.
- To know the main application development languages for mobile devices in the different operating systems: Android and others.
- To design and to program mobile applications.
Regarding the abilities that the student acquires in this course, these can be divided in specific and generic. The specific ones are the following:
- The ability to evaluate the viability of deploying an application on a mobile device.
- The ability to design and deploy an application on a mobile device.
The generic abilities or skills are the following:
- (P0 a) an ability to apply knowledge of telecommunication technologies and engineering, specifically about mobile applications.
- (PO b) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data. This ability will be carried out specifically in laboratory practices.
- (PO g) an ability to effectively communicate information in speech, presentation, and in writing. Students will have to do an oral presentation of their work done in the laboratory practices, as well as to submit documentation related with it.
- (PO j) a knowledge of contemporary issues. Students will work with some of the more contemporary languages and operating systems for mobile devices. Students will validate their developments in mobile devices.
- (PO k) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Students will use different software tools and mobile devices to carry out and validate their practical