In this subject, students will acquire the basic required knowledge to design integrated circuits:
- Ability to design integrated circuits at a high level, understanding and make an appropriate use of design methodology
- Ability to design, simulate and synthesize digital circuits usign Hardware Description Languages
- Knowledge concerning integrated circuits technology and manufacturing processes
- Ability to analyze and design integrated circuits at physical level
- Knoledge concerning integrated circuit testing and the implications in the design process
- Ability to quantify and improve circuit performance, power usage and reliability.
- Knoledge concerning the computer aided design (CAD) techniques and tools available for digital integrated circuits design.