The objectives of the course are 1) to introduce the basic concepts of signals and systems, and 2) as an application of the above, to introduce the basic concepts of electric circuit analysis.
1.- Specific objectives:
- Signal concepts
- Signal representation of physical magnitudes
- Classification of signals: continuous and discrete time
- Time operations: time reversal, scaling, time-shift
- Signal operations: integration, differentiation
- Special signals: unit impulse and step; exponentials.
- Signal Synthesis as linear spaces composition.
- System concepts
- Interconnection: series, parallel, feedback
- Properties: memory, causality, time invariance, stability, linearity
- Impulse response
- Signal Processing
- Convolution, Filtering
- Application to Electric Circuit Analysis
- Kirchhoff Laws
- Sinusoidal steady-state analysis.
- Signal and Systems simulation
- Analysis of basic electric circuits.
- Using lab. equipment to monitor the circuit implementations