Students will acquire the following abilities:
- Basic knowledge on materials science and engineering: bonding in solids, structure of materials, diffusion in solids, mass transport, phase diagrams.
- Properties of polymers, ceramics and composites: mechanical properties, electrical, magnetic and thermal properties.
- Introduction to polymers, ceramics, and composites and its use and performance in aerospace.
- Processing and Applications
In addition the following abilities will be acquired:
- To solve complex problems.
- To look for, to understand, and to differentiate the relevant information to be able to take a decision.
- To use multidisciplinary knowledge to solve a problem.
- To work in groups and distribute work to face up to complex problems.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to present a collaborative attitude that will enable them to get from other people information, skills, and knowledge necessary to manufacture components for specific applications.