* Lectures where the theoretical concepts are explained. They will be taught in the synchronous and interactive online modality through Blackboard Collaborate.
The lecturer will provide a file with the following information (1 week in advance)
- Lecture notes of main topics to be discussed during the session
- Chapters/sections in each of the text books provided in the bibliography were the student can read about these topics
* Recitation classes to solve problems.
The main skills to be developed in these recitation classes are
- To understand the statement of the problem (for instance drawing an scheme that summarizes the statement)
- To identify the physical phenomenon involved in the statement and the physical laws related to it.
- To develop a strategy to reach the objective (for instance breaking the problem in small sub-problems).
- To be careful in the use of mathematics
- To analyze the reasonability of the result (is the final number reasonable?, are the dimensions consistent?)
* There will be a lecture and a recitation class every week. Students must study the contents of each lecture and solve assigned problems before the corresponding recitation class.
* Laboratory sessions. Two of the sessions will be in the laboratory (~12 students). In the remaining two, experimental data will be provided to students for analysis in synchronous sessions.
The main skills to be developed in this activity are:
- To understand that physics is an experimental science and they can reproduce the laws that have been theoretically explained in the lectures.
- To use scientific instruments and to be careful in its operation
- To be careful in the acquisition of the experimental data.
- To learn the basis of the management of a scientific data set
- To write a report with the main results of the experiment
- To reason in a critical way these results: have we achieve the goals of the experiment?
* Tutoring sessions.They will be in the synchronous and interactive online modality through Blackboard Collaborate