· Know the concepts, main theories, and their contribution to a better understanding of the migratory processes.
· Contextualize the migrations nowadays.
· Facilitate reflection, analysis, and discussion of social issues related to migration processes.
· Conceptual and theoretical approaches to Sociology of population and migration.
· Evolution of population in long term, globally and in Spain, and its main determinants.
· Main theories that explain phenomena and behaviors demographics.
· Demographic problems associated with overpopulation, urbanization, aging, and migration as a demographic problem.
· Concepts and theories in the study of migration.
· Social, economic and political consequences of immigration in Spain.
· Study of international migratory movements.