Students are offered the possibility of having a complete picture, in context, about the pattern formed by the theoretical heritage of the discipline
1. Introduction: theories, paradigms and current
2. Contractualism and rationalism in the origins of sociology.
3. Individual, partnership, State: utopia and reality
4. Capitalism and labor movements, anarchism, Marxism, socialism.
5. Main streams of Marxism.
6. Institutionalization of sociology: France, Germany, USA and Spain.
7. The functionalist paradigm and its critics.
8. Social movements, actors and theories in the second half of the s. XX.
9. The global society: Risk and postmodernity.