The objective of the course is to introduce students to the Strategic Decision Making Processes related to the Operations Management area. For this purpose, the strategies of the Operations Department are studied and analyzed; the strategic decisions that accompany the different processes of generation of goods and services are presented as well as the strategic decisions of location, capacity and distribution of the facilities. To help in these decision-making processes, the knowledge that students may have previously acquired regarding demand estimation and project management is reinforced. In accordance with the demands of society, concepts like sustainability, industry 4.0, SDGs, and Circular Economy in Spain and Europe, are included.
1. Introduction to Operations Management.
2. Strategic Operations Decisions
3. Project Management
4. Strategic decisions on total quality management
5. Strategic decisions on process design,Industry 4.0, Capacity, and Circular Economy
6. Strategic decisions on location and lay-outl
7. Design of goods and services, sustainability, and SDGs