The goal of this course is that the student can understand the physical phenomena involved in the operation of components and peripherals of a computer.
In order to achieve this goal, the following competences and skills have to be acquired (CB1, CB3, CGB2) (PO: a,b d)
- Ability to understand and know basic concepts of electromagnetism, electric circuits and semiconductor devices.
- Ability to understand and use the mathematics involved in the physical models
- Ability to expand and develop concepts previously acquired in earlier educational stages and capability to use them in the comprehension of the physical principles underlying technological applications in the real world.
- Ability to understand and use the scientific method
- Ability to understand and use the scientific language
- Ability to develop skills to solve problems
- Ability to use scientific instruments and analyze experimental data.
- Ability to retrieve and analyse information from different sources
- Ability to work in a team.