After completing the course the student will be able:
- To become familiar with political reality from a scientific perspective
- To know the main elements and factors, both structural and dynamic, that shape and influence the political process.
- To analyze the structure and functioning of political systems and their interaction with their environment
- To know the main political institutions and the interrelation of these ones with other political system components
- To analyze, in a basic way, the role of different types of political actors.
- To recognize the social, political, cultural and religious diversity of contemporary societies and the relevance and transversality that democratic principles and human rights have in them