The general competences of the subject are constituted around the knowledge or skills
Who They intend to achieve. And they are subdivided into:
1. Informative objectives
- Offer a theoretical foundation that generates professional confidence.
- Acquire knowledge of concepts and terms associated to Data Journalism and in general to the use
of sources and search of data in databases and documentary sources.
- Ability to organize, collect and organize graphically, aesthetically and coherently the data
- Analyze Information, collect reliable primary and documentary sources and do journalism
- Perform graphical reading of information display elements and classify them in order of
importance and informative news.
2. TRAINING OBJECTIVES
- Transmit knowledge of concepts and terms related to data journalism and search
- Accustom the student to work as a team. Where the team is the axis to make good
- Develop creative capacity through the relationship between ideas and the sharpness and smell of finding
reliable information derived from Administrative Sources and Government Organizations.
- Acquire skills for the public exhibition of works and projects
associated with the subject.
- Develop the critical ability and curiosity of the student to endow him with judgments
critical, qualitative and quantitative.
- Acquire habits of socialization, which means fostering attitude and capacity
of participation in the dynamics of the class through the active approach of debates, presentation and
defense of results of works to the collective, analysis and criticism of other works of colleagues and
- Get to convince the audience in class; students and teacher of the validity of their work.
3. OBJECTIVES ON THE ATTITUDE
- Show and educate in respect between students and towards the teacher.
- Promote and stimulate students' competence in decision making.
- Develop academic and intellectual skills that encourage the student to
to engage in learning tasks and continuous training.
- Develop intuitive thinking through experimentation.
- Facilitate interpersonal development to communicate and the ability to
understand others and the ability to interact and work as a team.
- Foster interest in the professional project in the specialization of Data Journalism.
4. PSYCHOMOTOR OBJECTIVES
- Acquire skills such as the ability, mastery and understanding of the media and materials used
- Promote the language of the data and the coding of them according to practical assumptions
proposed in class.
- To favor the natural capacity of the individual to perceive, memorize, imagine and develop a form
constructive and analytical, through individual and collective practice.
- Promote the development of skills for insertion in the workplace.
In this section, the competences associated to the subject are presented:
5. SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
A good teaching method in the teaching of Data Journalism:
specifically pursues the following objectives:
- Train students in the knowledge of the data collection process.
- Find ways and tools that present this data in an organized manner.
- Develop the ability to communicate an idea and search for reliable and contrasted sources for
improve the informative content.
- Be able to distinguish the elements that make up a journalistic product, and improve with tools
and graphics the presentation of the information.