1. Communication as scientific discipline
2.Communication and information
3. Mass media and popular culture
4. The "magic bullet theory": mass society and propaganda theories
5. The paths to persuasion.
6. Mass media, conversation and public opinion
7. The functionalist approach.
8. Structuralism, semiotics and the media.
9. Critical theory and the cultural industry.
10. The software effects of hardware: McLuhan, Moles & Morin.
11. From cultural studies theory to cultural studies as metatheory
12. Theories on the long-term effects of media exposure
13. Narratives about the "Information society"