The teaching-learning methodology for the TFG (Bachelor thesis) is based on tutorial sessions. The tutor will advise the student about the options available as for the choice of a topic, the formulation of research questions, the required data and the most appropriate analytical methods.
1. In the general modality, the tutor will provide a list of topics and readings as a preliminary guide to the choice of a topic for the thesis. In the specific modality, the student must propose his/her potential tutor a topic of research with specific question/s of interest in Economics, as well as a preliminary research plan.
2. Once the student has selected a topic of research, the tutor will advise the student about the process to follow in order to work efficiently and obtain quick results of high scholarly quality.
3. The student will be advised about the sources of information that are required in order to formalize the research problem and will construct his/her own data sets, in the light of the objectives to achieve. Then the student will collect and read the relevant bibliographical references for the selected research topic.
4. The thesis must be written as an academic text in which the student will describe his/her research work. The objective is to explain clearly and thoroughly the methodology and the results of the research work in a written document with a standard scientific format (e.g. an academic journal's article).
5. Presentation and defense. The studend will present a summary of the basic features of his/her thesis (research questions, bibliographical references, data, methods, results) in an oral presentation (VIVA) in front of an examining committee. The presentation will be based on slides with a standard format.
Following the guidelines set by the university for this course, the tutorials can be done in person or online.