The subject Introduction to Business responds to the following objectives: to explore the practice of Business Management, to examine the logic and the way in which organizations and companies respond to the current challenges within a changing environment and to identify the main decisions that are taken in the different areas integrating the firm.
The formative objectives of this course are the following:
- To explain the concepts, models and techniques associated to Business Administration and Management.
- To interpret and analyze the context in which companies and organizations carry out their activities.
- To apply measurement systems relevant to the different functional areas of the company and that contribute to the identification and resolution of problems.
- To understand the planning process in the company.
Students will be able to develop the following skills:
- To learn the decisions involved in the management of a firm.
- To differentiate the concepts ¿enterprise¿ and ¿entrepreneur¿.
- To analyze companies from their functional areas.
- To critically analyze the problems faced by companies.
- Develop the ability to communicate in writing and orally.
The professional competences acquired by the students will be:
- To apply the knowledge acquired to the resolution of practical problems.
- To apply the different basic functions of Business Management in planning, organization, management and control.