- Introduction to the main economic paradigms of the Modern Era.
- Study some of the most relevant works of these paradigms and their precursors.
- Place economic ideas and their evolution in the context in which they originated and developed.
- The ability to process, structure and convey economic ideas with clarity, both verbally and through the written word.
- The elaboration of a research essay.
- Understanding the analytic aspects of different economic paradigms, exploring their statements, assumptions and coherence.
- Analyse the socio-economic processes witnessed by the different authors as well as the influence said processes had on the development of economic thought and policy.