The goal of this module is allow the student to acquire knowledge and skills in the global aspects of Informatics Engineering. So, this module mixes technical and social issues of the profession.
To achieve this goal the student must acquire a set of generic skills, abilities and attitudes, described below:
* Analysis and synthesis ability.
* Ability to organize and plan.
* Abstraction and deduction ability.
* Problem solving.
* Team work.
* Ability to apply knowledge in practice.
* Ability to generate new ideas.
* Critical attitude regarding current knowledge.
* Concern about quality of informatics systems and programs.
* Achievement motivation.
* Interest for research and finding solutions to new problems related to Informatic Systems.
* Ability to Project, calculate and design products, processes and facilities in every scope related to Informatics Engineering.
* Ability to manage informatics systems facilities and associated works, according with the defined regulations and ensuring quality of service.
* Ability manage, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
* Ability for mathematical modeling, calculation and simulation in technological and engineering centers, especially in research, development and innovation task in every scope related to Informatics Engineering.
* Ability for the elaboration, strategic planning, management, coordination and technical and economical management of projects in every scope of Informatics Engineering accomplishing quality and environmental criteria.
* Ability for the general management, technical management and research, development and innovation project management in firms and technology centers, in the scope of Informatics Engineering.
* Ability to start and manage manufacturing processes of Informatics equipments guaranteeing safety for persons and goods, final quality of products and its endorsement.
* Ability to apply acquired knowledge and solve problems in new and unknown environments in wider contexts and multidisciplinary, being able to integrate that knowledge.
* Ability to understand and apply ethical responsibility, legislation professional ethics activities of the profession of Informatics Engineer.
* Ability to apply the principles of economy and human resources and project management as far as legislation, regulation and standardization of Informatics Engineering.