The objective of the course is to study the optical networks from architectural and practical perspectives to provide to the student a wide range of capabilities targeted to model, design, implement, manage, operate, administrate and maintain optical networks.
The student will reach the following knowledge and will be able to apply it to the resolution of problems both specific and multidisciplinary:
· Main characteristics of the different types of access and transport networks
· International standards that apply to architectures and protocols of optical networks
· Principles and rules of modeling and design
· Network management principles and mechanisms for the operation and maintenance of optical networks
· Commercially available systems and solutions
· Forecasted mid and long term evolution of optical networks
Students will be able to integrate all knowledges to evaluate complex requests and to provide its judge.
Students will get the learning skills that will allow them to keep on studding on an autonomous and self-managed way.
Students will be able to communicate its knowledge, conclusions and reasoning in an efficient way.