Ability for the design and construction of industrial complexes
Knowledge about constructions, installations and infrastructures in the field of mechanical engineering
Knowledge and ability to calculate and design structures
Application of the standards relative to industrial structures
Description of contents: programme
1. Description of industrial structures
2. Design of industrial structures made of steel and concrete elements
3. Foundations calculus
4. Standards relative to industrial constructions
5. Town planning and industrial infrastructures
6. The project of industrial structures
7. Industrial installations
8. Introduction to Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Learning activities and methodology
- Magisterial classes, tutorship and personal work oriented to the acquisition of theoretical knowledge.
- Problems solution classes, tutorship and personal work oriented to the acquisition of practical skills.
- Practical work. Design and calculation of a typical industrial structure, using the standard regulations.
Additionally, collective tutorship can be included in the programme
% end-of-term-examination 50
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 50
J. Monfort Lleonart. Estructuras metálicas para edificación . Ed. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia,2006. 2006
R. Argüelles Álvarez, et al.. Estructuras de Acero, fundamentos y cálculo según CTE, AEA y EC3. Bellisco Ediciones Técnicas y Científicas. 2013
R. Arguelles Alvarez, J.M. Arguelles Bustillo, Arriaga Martitegui . Estructuras De Acero. Editorial Bellisco. 2008
(*) Access to some electronic resources may be restricted to members of the university community and require validation through Campus Global. If you try to connect from outside of the University you will need to set up a VPN
The course syllabus and the academic weekly planning may change due academic events or other reasons.