By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
- A systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of their branch of engineering in digital electronics.
- Coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in digital electronics.
- The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of digital electronics to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods.
- The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of digital circuits to meet defined and specified requirements.
- An understanding of methodologies for the design and description of digital circuits, and an ability to use them.
- Workshop and laboratory skills.
- The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods, as FPGAs, hardware description languages, simulation and logic synthesis tools for digital circuits.
- The ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of digital electronics.
- An understanding of applicable techniques and methods in digital electronics, and of their limitations.