By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. A coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in automation of buildings applications;
2. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of automation applications to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods in the field of building automation;
3. The ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs of automation applications to meet specific communications and building control requirements;
4. Workshop and laboratory skills in programming of building control systems;
5. The ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods such as protocols, sensors and actuators applied to building automation;
6. The ability to combine theory and practice to solve engineering problems of automation applications applied to buildings.