By the end of this subject, students will be able to have:
1. a systematic understanding of the key aspects and concepts of their branch of engineering in microporcessors and embedded systems;
2. coherent knowledge of their branch of engineering including some at the forefront of the branch in microprocessors and embedded systems;
3. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of microprocessors and digital electronics to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using established methods;
4. the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding to develop and realise designs based on small embedded sytems to meet defined and specified requirements;
5. an understanding of design methodologies to set and program microcontroller peripherals, and an ability to use them.
6. workshop and laboratory skills.
7. the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, tools and methods for the development of embedded systems;
8. the ability to combine theory and practice to solve problems of microprocessor based digital systems;