1. Organization of industrial firms.
1.1. Introduction to operations, production and the Supply Chain.
1.2. Qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques applicable in the organization of industrial firms.
2. Demand forecasting, inventory management and warehousing.
2.1. Demand management.
2.2. Independent demand inventory management models. Lot sizes.
2.3. Warehousing. Lifecycle: reception, warehousing, picking, expedition. Information Systems.
3. Logistics and manufacturing planning and control systems. MRP.
3.1. Manufacturing Planning and Control Systems (MPCS).
3.2. Materials Requirements Planning (MRP). Master Schedule. Needs breakdown and anticipation.
4. Alternative approaches for coordinating production.
4.1. Push, pull, hybrid.
5. (Re-)Design of products and processes.
5.1. Product (Re-)Design.
5.2. Process (Re-)Design.
5.3. Work organization in industrial environments.